Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Monday, January 8, 2007

It chaps me

Why not start Monday with this theme: "It chaps me." No explanation necessary, except for our readers in U.K., Netherlands and France, of which our site meter tells us we have a handful. "Chaps" does not refer to the fellows at university, it refers to being peeved or annoyed.

Here is my offering.

I sent in a Freedom of Information request to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Marketing Service more than a month ago and still have not heard from them. I requested what would seem to be fairly straightforward data. What are the statistics for the last five years for the number of terminal market inspections performed by AMS Fresh Products Branch? I haven't heard yet and it chaps me.

If your equanimity is undisturbed, leave a message on this post (anonymous or not) and tell us what you do and where you are reading this blog from.

Cheers!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home