Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, January 26, 2007

World disaster watch

I was taking a look at Seattle lawyer Bill Marler's blog and saw a link there to a fascinating Web site. If you ever think that the world is rocking along steadily with no apparent problems, you need to look at this site. In fact, I think I will add a link to this site on my blog.

Storms, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, biological hazards, food borne illness outbreaks (no reports of any today) and epidemics are given their due.

Superman needs a link to this site. The world needs some help.


Speaking of people who do good, I received an e-mail from Rick Bella, director of purchasing for America's Second Harvest. He asked if a link to their site could be added to the blog, and I gladly added it under industry links.

Bella was right to remind me that America's Second Harvest provides services to the produce industry when there are gluts, surplus, damaged produce due to accidents, train derailments, and other occasions. Food, financial and in-kind donations enable the group and its network to distribute more than 2-billion pounds of food and grocery products to more than 25 million Americans each year. See this link for information.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home