Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, May 4, 2007

Getting ready

Yes, the United/FMI convention draws near. Many of us here at The Packer editorial - Lance Jungmeyer, Greg Johnson, myself, Angie Hanson, Johanna Barnes, Doug Ohlemeier, Dan Galbraith - will be getting on a flight tomorrow to head to the Windy City.

I hesitate to count the number of industry conventions I have attended. I scarcely believe I could accurately put a number on the California Avocado Commission bags I have collected, the number of badges I have donned, the booths I've visited, the chocolate covered strawberries I have eaten.

When we come to your booth, we are looking for the latest news from your company - we don't want to keep you from your customers. The Web allows interactive feedback, so if you have a thought or comment about the show or a news idea from the show, email Lance or Greg, or you can post a comment in the tips box on the Fresh Talk blog. You can also access the Fresh Produce discussion group and start discussion threads there.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 4, 2007 at 1:10:00 PM CDT , Blogger Big Apple said...

Enjoy the outdoor cafes along Rush Street on the near North Side and the Old Town area near by. North Avenue Beach accross from the Drake Hotel is a fine stroll too. See north of the Chicago River on Michigan Ave.

 
At May 4, 2007 at 4:20:00 PM CDT , Blogger Pamela said...

Seriously, Tom, you HAVE to get some of that Garrett's popcorn.

I'll pay you.

Have fun in Chicago and don't scoop all the news from us CPMA-bound staffers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home