Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Monday, May 28, 2007

Toshiba RIP?

My company laptop has scars from my heavy, unreasonable and incessant use. Hauling through airports, to Capitol Hill, to Chile, to convention duty, to shipping point sections and the occasional high school English essay.

The decals have long since surrendered. The mouse touch pad has a shiny spot in the middle where all the textured coating has worn off. About six months ago, the front cover of laptop had a fault line develop. The hairline stress fracture soon turned into a crack and then a clean break. Now, about one fourth of the bottom front panel of my keyboard is missing.

Lately, the operating system has begun to quit on me, taunting me with the blue screen of death. Somehow, I have been able to successfully reboot ("Windows has recovered from a serious error") and continue its torturous regime. This weekend, though, the machine failed to successfully reboot. In fact, even the power light LED that shows the unit is plugged in has turned off.

Wally and Steven in IT have a tall task ahead; resurrect the Toshiba for further produce journalism exploits. I am afraid the Toshiba may want no part of it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home