Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Monday, October 29, 2007

Steam Bags Revisited

From Guest Blogger Pamela R.:


If you haven't checked out The Packer's featured section, Pamela's Kitchen, you're missing out on the fun. My last episode featured the "Steam Bag Showdown!" where I tried the Glad Simply Cooking and the Ziploc Zip n' Steam.

I was kind of wishy-washy, giving them a 6 out of 10 on the Squeezy Fruit Scale (I should trademark that, eh?). I think it may have been due to the fact that I was cooking haricort vert (skinny green beans) and they just didn't have the structure to hold up to the steam.

So, ths weekend, I found myself with little time and a little squash so I tried the Simply Cooking again.

Excellent!

Four minutes in the microwave and I'd probably give it an 8 out of 10.

Stay tuned. Next time I'm going to try something on the stove. I'm keeping it a secret for now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home