Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I-35 Northbound

Right now I'm posting from our minivan as we head northbound on I-35 on our way to Chicago for a college visit with our daughter Betsy. Don't worry, I'm not multitasking; I've got the perch in far back seat right now, and I'm connected to the Web through a new USB modem the company just received from Verizon. We are now in a world where you can connect to the Web from virtually anywhere, including traveling 75 miles per hour in the nation's midsection.

Speaking of the wonders of technology, one thing I embedded on Fresh Talk this week was a "Google Talk." For all discussion group members, I'm pretty sure it would be easy to participate by downloading the Google Talk feature. In time, I envision it might be a forum where we do online chat interviews or schedule a time to get some real time reaction from industry about a major event. In any case, I'll try to figure out Google Talk to the best of my ability and perhaps there may be an application for the blog.

By the way, how did you like the powerpoint presentations I've embedded on the site during the last week? I've heard from one or two that there were some issues with seeing the files, so let me know how it worked for you. I would like to publish worthy powerpoint presentations from industry events in a timely manner.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2008 at 1:51:00 PM CST , Blogger Big Apple said...

I get my kicks on Route 66.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home