Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Full feeds versus partial feeds

I have reset the blog setting from full to partial feed for those who subscribe to the RSS feeds. I don't know if Fresh Talk readers are passionate about the issue one way or another, but I think I will try this approach as I am curious how full feeds impact blog page views compared with partial feeds. Let me know how you come down on this issue.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2008 at 9:25:00 AM CST , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm an information filter for my coworkers. I read the trade publications and pass on the articles that I think would be interesting, or beneficial to others. I treat RSS feeds the same way. I email links to the blog posts I want my colleagues to read. The less time it takes me to read the article the more likely I am to finish it and find something I want to pass on. I won't usually click the link to read more, but I will send a link to the blog post on to other potential readers. Full RSS feeds are a service for the people like me who read lots of blogs, and are more likely to promote your blog to others.

Techdirt.com is a major tech blog respected in the blogging community. They say very much the same thing here. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070813/014338.shtmlhttp://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070813/014338.shtml

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home