Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Monday, May 19, 2008

A question about the pulse of the industry

One of our long time Fresh Talk readers asks an interesting question about the health of the vegetable industry. I pass it on - just as I put the question to the Fresh Produce Industry Discussion Group - and ask for you to share any input you may have. I'll share the responses from Fresh Produce Industry Discussion Group said later in the day....

Here is the query:

I’ve been looking for information or statistics which would help me gauge the financial health and stability of vegetable farmers. Recent stories in the Packer combined with the slow recovery of the leafy green category have me wondering. The information I’ve found on the USDA website so far relates to the grain business, not the vegetable or specialty crops sector. Can you point me to some links or pass along some documents that would shed some light on this subject for me?

Thank you in advance for your help and keep up the good work on Fresh Talk.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home