Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marler and the balance of trade

Food safety lawyer Bill Marler sent an email from China on Monday with these words:

"So, it is Monday AM and the US Economy still stinks – I’m here in China hopefully to fix at least part of the balance of trade."

You'll get his meaning when you read his post. An excerpt:

So far four babies in China have died and 6,300 sickened with 1,500 hospitalized and nearly 200 with acute kidney failure.

I may need to change my PowerPoint a bit for my upcoming speech (I have been warned by the Government to play nice already). With the recall spreading throughout Asia and Africa, what will the US do? That's right, the FDA only inspects less that 1% of our imports. Even though I have not yet been able to export lawsuits to China - yet (although, its product liability laws have potential), I bet I will have plenty of work upon my return to the US. I'm off to the Forbidden City.


TK: I think we would all agree Bill Marler has plenty of work to do in reforming China's food safety regime. Stay as long as you please, Mr. Marler.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 8:26:00 AM CDT , Blogger Ovaltine said...

I had no idea that the ambulance that Marler was chasing across the Pacific could float...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home