Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, February 13, 2009

Bittersweet - Philpott will be missed


From the inbox this morning, news that Amy Philpott has found a new opportunity in crisis communication at a DC public relations firm. From Amy's note:

After nearly five years at United Fresh, I am leaving to pursue a career more focused on crisis communications and issue management - two areas of public communications that I am particularly interested in. As you may know, last May I earned a master’s degree in public communications, while working full-time. During my studies and through my experience here at United Fresh, I have realized that I would like to focus professionally on issues management and crisis communications, and will be able to devote myself to these areas in my new position with Watson & Mulhern, a D.C. public relations agency that specializes in crisis communications and issue management for the food and agricultural industries.

While I am very sad indeed to leave the United Fresh team, I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked at United Fresh and with such a wonderful group of employees and industry members.


TK: Amy has been the type of person who answers the phone with a smile in her voice. She has been an outstanding asset for United and I am sure she will do tremendously well with her new opportunity. Meanwhile, United's institutional knowledge has taken a big hit but the staff there - including communications point person Patrick Delaney - is more than capable to rise to the challenge.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home