Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Monday, February 12, 2007

Feared and respected

That's what Seattle lawyer Bill Marler would like to be, as he relates in this interesting profile published on his blog site.
From the profile:

Health officials are usually more responsive to his message than the food industry, Marler says. "Some people don’t want to hear what I have to say. When I meet with them they don’t know if I’m Daniel in the Lions Den, or the Fox in the Henhouse."
But Marler continues to seek out opportunities to advise companies how to keep him from suing them."I want to be feared by my opponents, but I also want to be respected" Marler says. "I believe that doing what I do, and doing it well, has influenced the food industry. And I hope that means fewer kids are getting sick."



TK: Earlier in the profile, Marler drew chuckles from a Wyoming audience when he said "chasing ambulances is only part of what I do." Perhaps the industry should put Marler on a food safety advisory committee as a public representative. What is the proverb....Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.


Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home