Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, June 1, 2007

How green was my commute

Congratulations accepted. For three days this week, I commuted to work on a bike/bus combo journey. Today, I am taking the fuel guzzling auto. Still, I think there will be more green miles in my future.

Here is how it goes; I ride my bike about a half a mile to the bus stop. The bus has a bike rack on its grille and so I can place the bike there before I scamper on to the bus and pay $1.25 for a one way pass. The bus takes me about 7 miles to a spot about a mile away from the Vance office. I pedal down a back street and arrive bright and early, with a change of clothes in my backpack.

I think the commute saves me gas money, plus I have time to read the paper. And I'm more punctual than ever. Three days does not a destiny make, but it's a start.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 4, 2007 at 2:18:00 AM CDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and obviously nobody cares.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home