Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A reason to sing

I went out walking last night, and I'm glad I did. The weather was near perfect - just cool enough for a jacket - but the skies were crystal clear and the sunset yellow orange. The best part of the walk was making my way to the Lincoln Memorial and finding a high school singing group holding an impromptu concert on the marble steps. By then the Memorial was illuminated and night had fallen. This group - one of a great throng of student tours in town - attracted a semicircle of onlookers, including me, appreciating the chance to hear one patriotic song after another. The group sang and I looked down at the reflecting pool, the Washington Monument and the U.S. Capitol in the distance. God Bless America, indeed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home