Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Costa Rica bound

I'm headed to Costa Rica today for a few days to explore Costa Rica agriculture. Hopefully I will have a chance to blog from the road, as my hosts will show me a wide diversity of agribusiness, including papaya, pineapple, mini-vegetables and more.

I see that President Bush has asked Congressional Democrats and president-elect Barack Obama to support the U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Agreement in exchange for expedited help for U.S. automakers. One hopes that Democrats and Obama follow the advice of economics guru Nouriel Roubini and support free trade, for the sake of the global economy and U.S. agriculture.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home