Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, February 9, 2007

Indian anticipation

India is getting closer to being able to ship irradiated mangoes to the U.S. I enjoyed reading this article about the topic for its quirky style.

Here's an excerpt:

When US President George Bush tasted Indian mangoes during his visit to New Delhi last year, he so liked the fruit that a deal for its export to the US was quickly rustled up.

The Americans are so eager to bite into the alphonsoes by April that the USDA-APHIS has mooted a proposal to amend its fruit and vegetable regulations and welcome the king of fruits. Two teams of US experts have already visited India to inspect the irradiation facility.


TK: Dare I say I had no idea I was so eager? I'm not sure what that second paragraph meant. Still, these alphonsoes must be darn good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home