Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Reeling in the news

As you will notice, Fresh Talk has added a Google news reel on the right that provides the top stories for any particular keyword. This is a nifty new utility for blogger; let me know if you want me to add any other keywords to the news reel function. As you can see, I'm off to a fine start already. In view of the ease of this function, TK's Hot Picks has died a quiet death.

I've also added a video bar at the bottom, with keywords of food safety, supermarkets, ABC 20/20 and the farm bill. This feature may have less staying power, but tell me if you think it deserves the space.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 6, 2007 at 6:39:00 AM CDT , Blogger Rick said...

Seems to me that Tom is placing a lot of effort here. It takes great commitment to discipline yourself to offer daily content to a blog like this. The live links and new tools that Tom is providing certainly is making this site more and more attractive and a great useful tool. Try leaving it open on your desktop and open it from time to time throughout the day. I know, we're all busy... but changing some little habits can really help to keep you in the loop of industry news. This effort deserves our support in my opinion. Oh, and please don't think that I have some luxury of time; we move on average 2.2 million pounds of fresh produce each week here in the national office of America's Second Harvest... so I can relate to everyone's "busy schedule". Thank you Tom for providing this industry leading online tool. All my best to my produce friends out there. RB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home