Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Burning through the peaches

I am still impressed by Wal-Mart's hot peach ad of 76 cents per pound, in effect in KC from July 4-10. I wonder how many cartons of California peaches that Wal-Mart has blown through with that promotion. I'd love to know what effect that price - about a $1 per pound cheaper than most competitors - has impacted movement.

Meanwhile, one of our readers has said in relation to a previous post that the fruit and vegetable snack program was in the chairman's Collin Peterson's mark, but I still did not see it. Rather, I think she was referring to the DOD Fresh program. Can any House staffers/industry lobbyists clarify?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home