Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Friday, January 19, 2007

Hy Vee bargain

This is the sight that greeted me as I walked into our HyVee this morning, and I was glad to see it. Navel oranges at 39 cents per pound, after the big California freeze! I grabbed a few and checked out, remarking about the great price on oranges. The cashier said knowingly they were from Australia. I pretty much thought that was out of the question. Navels from Down Under in the middle of California's season? I resisted the urge to break out my "professional produce journalist card" They were California navels, though when she rang up the sale, the plu identified them as Australia navel oranges. Great timing for consumers for HyVee's citrus sale.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2007 at 1:23:00 PM CST , Blogger Pamela said...

I wonder if they had this planned already and decided to go with it anyway?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home