Fresh Produce Discussion Blog

Created by The Packer's National Editor Tom Karst

Saturday, March 17, 2007

More Matters

I made it to San Francisco in time to attend the PBH Board of Trustees reception Friday evening. (As an aside, for anyone traveling to S.F., I took the BART train in from the airport to the Montgomery Station stop, and the fare of $5.50 probably saved $40 or so compared with a taxi.)

It was good to see familiar faces and meet a couple of new personalities at the reception.

Lorelei Di Sogra thanked me for the Packer 25 profile, recently published. I told her that the experience was very enjoyable and memorable for me. My hope is that readers can also sense the passion and energy that I felt from the 11 people I interviewed for the special section.

Mike O'Brien, vice president of produce for St. Louis-based Schnuck Markets Inc. - and also profiled for the Packer 25 this year by Jim Offner - is incoming chair of the PBH board. He will take the gavel from Jan DeLyser for the business meeting on Sunday following St. Patrick's Day.

That's going above and beyond the call, for sure. The PBH board meeting usually concludes Saturday night with the Celebration of Life and Dinner Auction on Saturday, but the More Matters launch on Monday rejiggered the meeting to include Sunday business this year.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home